Molly Sutherland- Founder, Sutherland and Associates
For more than 30 years, Molly has been helping businesses create extraordinary results. Molly’s unique understanding of strategy, along with her penchant for bringing the right people together at the right time, has resulted in dynamic results time and again. Her commitment to developing “Partnerships for Success3sm.” has led to extensive experience in strategic planning, marketing and customer service, economic development and information technology throughout the United States as well as Europe and Asia.
Molly’s past successes include:
- Providing strategic planning, succession and legacy planning, leadership development, organizational alignment and workflow optimization for more than 250 organizations across the United States and abroad since she started Sutherland & Associates 17 years ago.
- Chief Operating Officer for a major CPA firm where she oversaw the growth and direction of the firm from 7thplace to the #1 CPA firm in their space.
- Created and initiated a Business Service Center concept that was awarded #1 in the nation from JD Powers & Associates, mid-size business category for four consecutive years.
- Recipient of Executive MBA from Bellarmine University and recognition as a 2008 Bingham Fellow.
- Service on numerous boards of directors, including YMCA, Lean Manufacturing Network, KUE Federal Credit Union, Carroll County Hospital Board, past president of Carroll County Chamber of Commerce, and past President of the Lexington Forum Board of Directors.Past President of Bellarmine University Executive Advisory Board, Past Chair of Kentucky Council on Economic Education.
- Professional development through active engagement with Vistage, the world’s largest professional association for CEOs and COOs, Enlightened Leadership, LEAN Manufacturing Leadership Institute, and the Economic Development Institute.
- Molly taught Entrepreneurial Strategy at Bellarmine University in the MBA program for five years.
Currently, Molly serves on the Bellarmine University Executive Advisory Board for the Rubel School of Business, and on the board of Women Leading Kentucky.
Molly is married to Lee Sutherland and has two children. Molly resides in Lexington, Kentucky.