SECRETS OF INFLUENCE™|Sutherland & Associates
Secrets Of Influence™Portable Power for the 21st Century
Influence. Everyone wants it. But how do you get it?
One of the critical business skills required for success today, strong interpersonal and influencing skills are essential as we work in teams, often across disciplines, and “sell” our ideas and projects to upper management.
It’s Not What You Know. We were told that to achieve success we simply put in our time and develop our professional and technical expertise.
It’s Not Who You Know. We then began to learn the importance of contacts, and how to build a network of helpful people.
It is HOW to Have Your Message Heard and Acted Upon.
Now we have entered a new era. Technical or professional expertise can quickly become obsolete. High-level contacts can vanish overnight with the next acquisition or merger. What we need is an inner resource or ability. What we need is influence, ‘portable power’: a set of people skills that can serve whenever and wherever we are.
Now, for the first time, this program, in a self-study online learning format is available to you, individually.
You can learn these unique skills in a simple but powerful series of modules, at your own pace, in the privacy of your home or office.
Companies and organizations may also use the eLearning program to supplement the live training; we offer hybrid/blending learning
options, as well as Customized programs for a company’s specific needs.
More about Secrets of Influence™ eLearning:
SECRETS OF INFLUENCE™
In Secrets of Influence™, we clearly outline how anyone can have influence. This highly practical guide shows how influence is a set of interpersonal skills that can be learned, practiced, and mastered so individuals become more skillful in their relationships and in presenting their concepts, ideas, products and services.
Secrets of Influence™ will help identify individual styles of influence and how to:
- Establish rapport using verbal and nonverbal techniques
- Build refined listening skills
- Understand other people’s decision making strategies
- Enhance your ability to facilitate other people’s decisions
- Package your communication to fit specific situations and people
- Develop a more flexible behavioral repertoire
- Produce effective solutions by influencing the decisions and behaviors of others
- Gain credibility and enlist support
Powerful and practical, this skill set is essential for any leader or communicator in today’s tough business climate.
- Executives who need to foster interdepartmental cooperation
- Managers and Supervisors who must motivate subordinates and get their projects supported by key decision makers
- Healthcare Professionals who must manage and support internal colleagues as well as individuals that typically are not feeling well and are short of patience
- Training, Data Processing, Legal, Accounting and other professionals who may not manage or supervise others, but who must gain credibility and support from peers
- Technical Professionals who must interact in multi-discipline teams
- Sales people looking to sharpen their competitive edge and boost their productivity.
Participants in this program will acquire:
- Awareness of Influence as a key issue for success
- Knowledge of Influence Theory
- Insight of Personal Influence Profile
- Skill in applying Influence Strategies
Learn the crucial skills needed to be more effective and productive and HOW TO:
- Overcome problems that often arise from overlapping authority
- Gain credibility for ideas
- Encourage creative problem-solving
- Give a team more clout by empowering all its members
- Use refined listening techniques to build Influence Skills
- “Read” other people
- Determine how others process information
- Use verbal and non-verbal techniques to establish rapport
- Repackage your communication techniques to fit specific situations
- Techniques to elicit high quality, precise information
- Use Influence Skills to help you sell your ideas and overcome resistance
- Course Overview
- Defining Influence: Myths, misconceptions and realities
- Understanding Global Issues & Trends creating need for Influence in today’s business environment
- Exercises – Influence experience
- Components of Influence
- Influence Styles Inventory – identifying your Influence styles
- Lecture/discussion/ Theory – 6 Styles of Influence
- How to Influence as a Team
- Team processing – How teams behave according to styles
- Learning to observe and distinguish Influence behaviors & styles in others
- Practice Influence Exercises
- Refined Listening
- Precision Skills – the Art of precise communication
- Selling: Planning your Influencing Strategy
- Practical Applications of Influence in Contemporary Organizations
GET IN TOUCH