Dr. M. Abbot Maginnis, Ph.D.- Partner, Sutherland & Associates
Dr. Maginnis is a core member and full-time instructor in the internationally renowned Lean Systems Program at the University of Kentucky.
With more than twenty years of experience in workplace change initiatives, he is adept at facilitating organizations to overcome operational and cultural barriers, and driving improvement changes for quality, productivity and sustainability.
He has a proven record leading transformational projects in a wide range of industries – healthcare, professional services, food and chemical and manufacturing companies.
To produce high quality change initiatives, he and his team of experienced colleagues from the University offer a variety of expertise to their clients.
In addition to consulting, he:
• Instructs professional Lean Systems Certification courses
• Facilitates on-site improvement systems
• Is the primary contact for the Lean Systems Graduate Certificate and collaborates on the development of a Lean Healthcare Graduate Certificate program for the College of Public Health
• Volunteers to assist local area high school manufacturing learning programs
• Donates time to teach basic quality tools and methods to undergraduate and graduate students
His expertise includes:
• Systematic problem solving
• Process and Flow analysis
• Lean systems operation management
• Process standardization and stabilization
Dr. Maginnis is part of the consulting group of Sutherland & Associates. Maginnis@mfg.uky.edu